Wednesday 30 July 2008

Deeps Hayes 27th July

It is was a nice baking hot day, so i thought to myself why not go fishing. So i got in touch with Ben and he said he wanted to try out Deep Hayes in Longsdon. I said ok.

Deep Hayes is a part of the Leek and Moorlands fishing Club, which we both got a license for this year for first time in ten years. There is just one pool there. But the other waters which are apart of the club are Crakemarsh, Herionmarsh and the river Dove and Churnet.

Once i got there i could see lots of Carp on Top, I arrived a little later than Ben had already got there and he informe me that he had caught a 10lb carp on top. With his first cast by surface fishing.

So i was eager to get fishing. As i was setting up i could see alot of movement on top.

So tried surface fishing, but it wasn't to be, I didn't get a single bite. So i switched to float fishing and still I didn't get a single bite.

In turned out that i didn't get a single bite all day. Ben didn't manage to catch anything else either, but he did have more bites than i did. Well done Ben

No comments: