Saturday 2 August 2008

Basford 1st August

Last night I decided to go to Basford for a couple of hours, I did intend to go to Crakemarsh, But i was running a bit late. So I decided to go to Basford as it is closer.

When I arrived I couldn't see much movement, so I decided to take a bit of walk before choosing a peg. Once I made my decision I baited up an area with Sweetcorn, It wasn't long before I had a few bites, but it turned out to be skinners. So I decided to use double sweetcorn to avoid the little fish, but that didn't really work. So I changed my tactics to floating bread.

At first It didn't seem to work either, then a few carp moved into to swim. They started to take off the top. But It was very hard for me to detect the bites and I couldn't really see my bread. Eventually I managed to catch one, it was a mirror carp at 9lbs. It was difficult for me to land it as I had made a make shift landing net from my tent poles. As I broke my previous net at Turners pool earlier in the week. But my make shift net managed to hold out until I got it on the bank. But it would survive anything else. So that was the end of that.

No comments: