Monday 18 August 2008

Friday the 15th August Deep Hayes




On Friday Night I decided to try my luck at Deep Hayes.

I arrived at the country park pool at 6 o clock so I only had a few hours fishing.
I decided to opt for a hair rig and a ledger with a strawberry pop up. An Hour had past and I hadn't had a single bite. So i decided to change to a tiger nut boilie. Within ten minutes my bite alarm was screaming, but it wasn't to be. I manage to miss the run as I was preoccupied with a cup of tea.

I then decided to recast, with awful consequences, I manage to cast straight up a tree. O dear! So the next ten minutes were spent climbing a tree and retrieving my hook bait and ledger and line. By using a my extend able rod rest. I managed to get it all back without falling out the tree into the pool.

I recasted again and within Ten minutes I managed to hook a carp, but again it escaped me. It seems that i am out of practice with long range fishing. I will have to retry and see if i can land my first carp at Deep Hayes.

No comments: